Research Faculty Appointments
Research Faculty includes the following titles:
- Research Professor
- Research Associate Professor
- Research Assistant Professor
- Senior Research Investigator
- Research Scientist-Professor
- Research Scientist-Associate Professor
- Research Scientist-Assistant Professor
Appointees are professional investigators who support the research mission of the University.
The Office of the Provost advises on the process for Research Faculty appointments and hiring activities are coordinated by the schools and units.
For University Research Institutes and Centers’ appointments, after all required signatures are obtained at the PI/center director, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommendation form
- Applicant’s current CV
- Letter of Recommendation and faculty vote, required for New appointment and Promotion
POLICY and FORMS
If you have any questions regarding the appointment process, please contact Research Administrative Services:
847-491-3327 | Barbara Beeuwsaert
- Research Faculty Appointments Policy
- Research Faculty Appointment Action Request Form
- Research Faculty Administrator Resources
- Template for Research Faculty Non-Renewal Letter
Background checks required for individuals working with minors, for staff and faculty members administer programs that offer innovative and challenging opportunities for youth to grow academically and athletically.